Baby Massage Class
What will the class consist of?
Throughout the 5 week course you will learn a full body routine for your baby. You will learn about baby massage, when is the best time to massage, benefits of baby massage, reflexes, behavioural states and cues.
We totally understand babies have their own ideas of what is going to happen on a day to day basis so if your baby decides it isn’t time for baby massage during the class do NOT panic! There will be a demonstration doll which can be used, your teacher will also have alternatives for you. You will leave each session with a reminder of what you have learnt to be able to continue at home.
So why do baby massage?
Firstly, it gives time between the baby and caregiver to enjoy each other’s company. It aids the bond between the caregiver and the baby; through touch and non-verbal cues they are able to understand one another and communicate.
Benefits of Baby Massage Include;
Stimulating many systems such as;
- Lymphatic System; helps the body get rid of excess fluid and waste products and fight
- Respiratory System; enhancing mechanism of air in and out.
- Circulatory System; transportation of nutrients, water and oxygen around the body and
waste products out.
- Nervous System; enhancing the nerves which send messages to and from the brain,
spinal cord and rest of the body.
- Digestive System; aids break down of foods.
- Sleep; due to the relaxing nature of baby massage
and releasing tension can improve sleep patterns.
- Calmness enhanced.
- Regulation of behaviour; by relaxing your baby will
allow them to be more able to cope with new situations.
- Muscular tension including growing pains
- Teething and nasal congestion
- Gas, colic, constipation and cramps; all very
common as the baby gets used to taking in
new substances. Using specific directional
movements, we can relieve many of these
Class Dates & Prices
£7 drop in or £30 for the 5-week
- February 14th
- February 21st
- February 28th
- March 6th
- March 20th
Click Here to Book!
Leave us an enquiry and we'll get back to you.
After we've received your email please allow us 24 hours to respond (during the working week)
We look forward to helping you...